Any backyard can be enhanced with a clean wooden pool deck. The warm brown tones of wood are inviting and soothing, creating an atmosphere of relaxation. A wood surface provides a safe, comfortable, aesthetically pleasing, and durable surface as you enjoy time in the sun or dip in a calm lake. You can add texture and dimension to your outdoor space by utilizing the grain patterns of each piece of wood.
Compared to composite or concrete pool decks, wooden decks require minimal maintenance. Additionally, it helps protect against wear and tear caused by UV rays, water, and harsh weather conditions. All you need to do is ensure your wooden deck stays looking great for years.
Table of Contents
How To Clean Wood Pool Deck?
There are many ways to clean a wooden pool deck, depending on how much dirt and grime has built up. A mild soap and water solution can remove minor stains and discoloration. For more stubborn stains, a pressure washer can help get rid of the dirt and grime. Here are some ways to clean a wood pool deck:
Vinegar & Baking Soda:
A wood pool deck can be cleaned with vinegar and baking soda, which are readily available in most households.
- Sweep the deck to remove any loose dirt, leaves, or debris.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the deck.
- Combine two parts vinegar and one part baking soda in a bucket or bowl.
- Spray the solution on the deck and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the wet deck. The baking soda will start to foam and fizz as it reacts with the vinegar.
- Apply the solution to the deck with a brush, scrubbing in circles.
- Rinse the deck with a garden hose and allow it to dry.
- Scrub the deck with a stiff brush or broom, working in small sections. Be sure to scrub in the direction of the grain to avoid damaging the wood.
- Rinse the deck thoroughly with a hose or bucket of water.
- Let the deck dry completely before applying a protective finish, if desired.
Oxygen Bleach releases oxygen molecules into the water, breaking down organic materials such as dirt and grease. By reading the directions carefully, ensure your cleaning solution contains the proper amount of oxygen bleach.
The deck should also be rinsed with clean water after applying oxygen bleach to prevent residue from forming. Using oxygen bleach, you can restore the look of your wood pool deck. To ensure the best results, follow the directions on the product.
Instruction to use:
- Be sure you understand how to operate a pressure washer safely before starting the job; also, make sure you are using the proper cleaning detergents and solutions for your type of wood.
- Start at one end of the deck and use a sweeping motion across the deck, working from one end to the other.
- Make sure you do not stand too close to the surface of the wood and do not keep the sprayer nozzle on one spot for too long. When you have finished, rinse off the deck with a gentle spray of water to make sure all the soap and dirt is removed.
- Allow it to dry completely before walking on it or furnishing it with outdoor furniture.
- As a final step, use a wood sealant to protect it from future damage. This will also help extend the life of your pool deck and keep it looking great for years to come.
Bleach is another way to remove tough stains from your wood deck. However, you should use it with caution, as it can damage the wood if not used properly. Most experts do not recommend using bleach on wood decks, but if you must use it, mix one part with three parts water and use it sparingly.
You should apply the mixture to the stained areas, but do not leave it on for too long, as it can damage the wood’s surface. Remove any dirt or debris by rinsing off with water and using a soft scrub brush. Apply a wood sealant after it has dried.
Why You Need To Clean Pool Wood Deck?
Keep your swimming pool area looking its best by maintaining a clean wooden pool deck. In addition to moisture and sunlight, wooden decks are susceptible to wear and tear over time. Regular cleaning prevents the accumulation of dirt, debris, and mold on the wood, as well as prevents further damage. Furthermore, it prevents slips and falls by providing a safe, non-slippery surface for people to walk on.
Regular cleaning also helps to extend the life of your wooden pool deck by preventing it from becoming overly worn and faded. Keeping your wood clean will ensure that it looks beautiful for years to come. With the right care, your wooden pool deck can last for many summers of fun and relaxation.